Just thought it would be fun to share 25 Random Facts about myself:
1. I am a foodie. I read cookbooks from cover to cover like they are novels. I go to bookstores just to read cookbooks. I would love to go on a culinary tour of the world!
2. I like to sing, but I’d NEVER claim my skills are worth public consumption. However, my husband and I were asked to sing 2 songs at his coworkers wedding when we lived in N.C. Imagine…a rural NC wedding…with 2 filipinos singing country songs….it was a very Napoleon Dynamite experience.
3. Eating raw carrots or “hairy” fruits (kiwi, peaches…) sometimes make my tongue itch and lips swell.
4. Ever since I was a kid I’ve had a recurring dream where it is the end of the world and I am one of the leaders of a resistance against aliens or some evil force. So when 2012 rolls around, give me a call, I’ll know what to do.
5. I believe in Disney magic.
6. I was pre-med in college, but realized my true passion was education. Funny enough, on a career test in college I scored higher for teaching than medicine, but the job that I received an overwhelming score for was….dietitian (Hence, #1?). Maybe I’m in the wrong field…
7. I get paid to play with technology and to teach teachers and students how to incorporate fun tech stuff into their instruction…blogs, wikis, podcasts, ipods, interactive whiteboards, response devices, etc. Unfortunately, I also get paid to manage technology including hundreds and hundreds of desktops and laptops, the network….
8. At least 4 times during 1998, I was randomly stopped by strangers in various situations where they asked if I was on TV or something. It must have been a great hair and makeup year. Unfortunately, the only comments I get from strangers now is “You look tired.” Or “Are you not feeling well?”
9. I have a crush on Superman-in all forms: Christopher Reeve, Dean Cain, Brandon Routh, 2-D comic book drawing…I don’t discriminate.
10. My youngest daughter was not delivered by a doctor, …but by me, my husband, a rookie L&D nurse and a nervous charge nurse….
11. I love doing yard work. I doodle ideas for landscaping designs when I’m bored. I take almost daily trips to peruse through garden centers as soon as it gets warm. Maybe one day I will be able to afford bringing the ideas to fruition.
12. I have no patience for waiting. When something is taking longer than it should I go postal.
13. I can have a long discussion about the gender of numbers…everyone knows 1, 4, and 7 are male right?
14. I learned how to drive on a huge conversion van.
15. I can play piano thanks to a teacher named Rachel (my mom swapped Herbalife for lessons). I can play guitar thanks to YouTube. I can play drums (barely) thanks to Edward.
16. If America’s Best Dance Crew existed in 1992, I would have auditioned for it.
17. I broke my foot in college trying to breakdance (those darn Converse!). Consequently, I had the privilege of being chauffeured around grounds by the van for the disabled…a few of my friends got to experience the full service ride to class with me.
18. I take my kids wherever I go 98% of the time. I even took them to a Gwen Stefani/Akon concert when they were 5 and 2. They liked Akon better…and they outlasted me at the concert.
19. If Yankee Candle came out with the scent “Fried Garlic”, I’d buy it.
20. For a short while, I used to do the news for my college radio station. Not many people knew I did this because I did the 6-7AM news drives…who in college is awake before 10 AM?
21. I’ve always wanted to move to the south, preferably a small town like Andy Griffith’s Mayberry…with a Target.
22. I misplace my eyeglasses at least once a day. My family and my entire school are very used to helping me find them.
23. I love warm/hot weather…especially that blast of humid, hot air you feel when you get into your car on a hot July day. Tank tops, shorts, and flip flops make up my ideal outfit. For the past 9 years I’ve lived no more than 15 min from the beach (not via interstate) and I wouldn’t have it any other way.
24. I love musical theater and would love to be in the chorus of a musical-you know, the ones who come out and sing the chorus while at the same time changing the set…yes!
25. I am sooooo a morning person. The world seems so rested and tranquil at that time. If I could, I’d eat breakfast outside in the crisp air every morning.